Use one of the following methods if you need help and support for SolarFarmer:
DNV SolarFarmer Website
The DNV SolarFarmer Website contains a product overview and details of how to buy SolarFarmer.
The SolarFarmer Forum is currently undergoing major maintenance and will be available again towards the end of 2023.
Use the SolarFarmer support email email@example.com for:
- Give step-by-step details on how to reproduce the bug. This is a BIG help for us.
- Attach the relevant log file (see Log Files below) and the
“SolarFarmer Exception.log”file to the email. This contains the system information for your PC and the exact version of SolarFarmer you were using, so no need to add that detail too.
- Add screenshots of the application as the error happens (if relevant).
- If confidentially acceptable (and not too big) adding a copy of the workbook that you were using when the bug/crash happened is very useful too.
- Features you wish SolarFarmer had.
- Annoyances in the application that could be improved but aren’t specifically a bug.
- Positive feedback is very welcome too! It’s nice to know what you like and are finding useful.
- Sales queries.
- Licensing – issues and expiring licenses.
- Portal page access.
There are three pre-configured email templates to help you compose a support email - accessible from within SolarFarmer from either the Quick Access Toolbar or the File menu:
(The ‘Report a Problem…’ option automatically attaches the latest SolarFarmer log file to the email too.)
SolarFarmer records some internal operations to a log file. Each time you start SolarFarmer a new log file is created. Up to 10 older log files are stored (the filename contains the date and time that the SolarFarmer session started).
To find the log files, open a File Explorer window and go to
This will take you to the folder where they are stored. Sort by the ‘Date modified’ column to see the latest one at the top. If a crash occurs in SolarFarmer and you want to report a bug, there is also a file called
“SolarFarmer Exception.log” that will sometimes contain extra information about the crash.
These log files are VERY useful to developers when investigating bugs, so please attach the relevant log file when reporting bugs.
User Portal Page
SolarFarmer’s portal page can be found here: https://renewableenergysoftwareportal.dnv.com/Home/Authenticated
Go to this page (log in and click on the SolarFarmer link) for access to the latest SolarFarmer installer and files for the Meadowbrook tutorial.